Monday, September 19, 2011

At Home in Atlanta


I was welcomed into my friends home like family. He and his wife and adorable daughter have shown me Atlanta and introduced me to never-to-be-forgotten restaurants. Watch out! Much more of this and I'll be over gross in Path!

A tour of the Coca Cola museum where I learned the beverage was invented here, and the corporate offices remain. A great tour and if you should get the chance, well worth the $16.00 - $14.00 for seniors - love those discounts! One of the best parts was the tasting room - the chance to wander about, cup in hand, dispensing tastes of Coke products from around the world. Italy - awful bitter taste - yuck! England - lovely citrus. Brazil - peachy goodness. Other countries varied from deadly sweet, to not bad.

These bottles were done to commemorate the Olympic Games held in Atlanta.

After the tour we went to a delicatessen for lunch/dinner and, are you ready for this, they had a machine that dispensed 106 flavors of coke products! I had Coke Zero orange, raspberry and lime! Too bad more places aren't the home of Coca Cola.

Atlanta is also the home of CNN.

Tomorrow its off for stop in South Carolina then on to First Field in Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina - the home of powered flight. I can hardly wait to stand on the very spot where that flight originated.
I'll end the days flying in Virgina to meet my twin niece and nephew.

Almost forgot! The article came out in the online Picayune Item. If you want to read about it.

5 comments:

  1. Keep on having a blast! Nice to read about your 15 minutes in the paper, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see an article about a GA pilot without any implications of her (or him) being a "fat cat". I think adding the state decals to Path are a nice touch. I would have never expected someone flying VFR from Washington state to beat me to First Flight, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article!! Sounds like your having a blast. Enjoy first flight and flying along the coast. The Bay Bridge tunnel across the mouth of the Chesapeake should be on the list of things to see from the air.

    Looking forward to your remaining adventures. If you plan to stop in South jersey or Delaware airports give a call. Would love to treat for lunch or provide ground transportation. 302-545-5314

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I loved Sky King, too, but it didn't make me a pilot! This trip is so much fun for me to follow. Cool how friendly everybody is, too. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Gary! If I get up that way, I will make it a point to contact you.

    ReplyDelete