Thursday, May 17, 2012

Companion and Rocks

I’m not alone on this trip.   

Introducing Thorn, my Australian Cattle Dog.*  He is just over 3 months old, a member of my family since March 4th.   As you can see he is adorable.
Of course, he is the best dog on the planet, when he’s not trying to chew up, jump upon, or pee on something he shouldn’t.    But actually, the breed is known for intelligence and he’s showing signs which keeps me hopeful.
At Slab City he was entertained for over 20 minutes with an empty box.    Nothing keeps him interested longer, as he is busy and at full speed until he collapses to recoup.  

Right now his company is a lot of work, but I foresee that he will become an ideal traveling partner, offering companionship, and protection.  He already listens when I talk, especially if I’m not requiring him to change some action he is intent upon!

*Some of you may have heard this breed called Queensland Healer, Blue Healer or Red Healer.  All are the same dog.


Vasquez Rocks Park

Located in Aqua Dulce, CA.   This area is well-known, and continues to be, a popular area for filming by both Hollywood and television.

One reason for having this spot on my must visit list is several episodes of the original Star Trek were filmed here.   Some of you who are Trekkies might remember  “Fridays Child” or “Arena”.  

The other reason is that I simply love  rocks.   From the ones I pick up and take home as souvenirs, to the huge one’s  to marvel at how nature shaped them, all are wonderful to behold.

I’ll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.








2 comments:

  1. OH are you in for some FUN....I was lucky enough to own a cattle dog for about 12 yrs. Her name was Dixxe..my namesake. SHE was hell on 4 leggs to start out so LEASH training is a must as this asserts you as the leader and once he figures that out ya'll will have so much fun...SMART AS A WHIP is for sure..cant wait to see more about Thorn and you too of course! The rocks are great!!

    ReplyDelete