Friday, October 8, 2010

Steps to Freedom


With retirement and travel less than 8 months away (Yes, I AM counting!) A lot of planning and preparation is underway.

I rented an entire room at our local fairgrounds for their bi-annual Community Garage Sale. Hauled in 4 truckloads of Halloween and Christmas decorations. I know, that is a LOT, but I loved to decorate a lot, and acquired things for 42 years.


At the end of the sale, I’d said goodbye to some special friends. It was hard to make the cuts, as so many memoires were attached. Then a friend said “If you’re keeping it because of how it makes you feel, then take a picture.” So I took a lot of them, and will create a book of Fuzzy Feelings that I can bring out whenever required.

With each sale, I found myself feeling lighter and freer. Now I’m weighed down by the money I made and into the retirement fund it goes!

2 comments:

  1. OH I got GOOSE BUMPS..thats so cool!!! YOU sold some neat things and now I know you feel lighter inside for sure!!
    I had this attachment to the tee shirts I bought over the years of the places I traveled to, but when I moved, I had no room to carry all those teeshirts around, so I laid each out and took a PHOTO--& I still have my shirts in a way..It will be very intersting to watch you Sprout those freedom ~~Wings~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that the photo method is a satisfactory replacement for things.

    ReplyDelete