Sunday, October 24, 2010

Second Step


Today I found it.
After visiting 10 dealers in two states, spending hours searching on-line, studying photos, and walking through what seemed like hundreds… I found my new traveling home! In my search I found units with features I liked, but never one with ALL - size, condition, room, comfort and price. Until now. I am the owner of a fifth wheel. Here she is.

Now it’s time to tell why I needed a fifth wheel.

It was my intention, upon retiring, to go flying, a lot. To land in every state, traveling until finally getting all the flying I want. A friend pointed out that a lot of money would be spent on hotels with this style of travel. To solve this problem, The Shuttle Method is conceived.

From Point A, I’ll pull my fifth wheel; say 300 miles to Point B. I’ll park it and make my way back to Point A by catching a ride with another pilot or by taking a bus or train. Next I fly back to Point B which is now my new base of operations. From here I can explore, camp, and make local flights until I’ve seen everything I want. Repeat as needed.


I'm so excited about my new CampHouse that I had to include this interior view. I'll make the three-hour drive to Oregon early next month to bring her home, with a side trip to a hot springs..got to try her out!

About 140 working days left until The Shuttle Method begins.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats! I really like the layout. And your idea of the Shuttle Method is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!! What a grand idea---IT looks like a great home on wheels to me...NOW if you need A driver for your road crew- (holds up sign)
    "will work for room n board-;o)"
    THIS is so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like the perfect size and I love the layout. Even has a comfy-looking chair. Your shuttle method seems to be the best of both worlds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am officially asking permission to use this while we visit next summer. That is if you are not somewhere far far away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miki;
    Send me an email at the address on this blog and I'll get back to you. I keep trying to comment on your blog but it's all in japanese..
    wicked stepmom

    ReplyDelete