Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

After several weeks of horrible weather - the sun came out, and more importantly the clouds were high enough to allow flight. I could hardly wait to get to the airport!
No particular destination in mind, I simply flew, selecting my route from minute to minute. I felt some practice was in order, so worked on turns around a point, slow flight, and steeps turns. I then spotted Mt Rainier peeking through scattered clouds in the distance. Oh! Must go that way. Flew low over hills and ridges and snow covered trees. A perfect way to get into the holiday spirit, flying over a Christmas Card view.

Ending up near the field of some good friends, it seemed a good idea to "drop in" for a short visit. This field at 2000 feet, with trees and power lines to avoid, was until recently way too much Pucker Factor for me. This was my second visit and I was comfortable going in and departing.

No comments:

Post a Comment